Teenage Pregnancy: Adoption or Motherhood?
When a teenager becomes pregnant, the entire family is affected, and everyone must deal with the consequences. But, in the end, deciding whether to keep the baby or give it up for adoption falls squarely on the shoulders of its mother. It can be a difficult choice to make. Dr. Phil has several questions a teenage mother can ask to make the right decision for herself and her child:
- Can you live with this choice?
- Is the decision best for you or the child?
- Are you making another bad choice that you will regret?
- Are you doing what others expect rather than what you believe?
- Do you have any moral or religious beliefs that will haunt you?
- Are you prepared to end your adolescence?
- Are you prepared to make sacrifices over the next 20 years?
- Do you have a financial plan for the baby?
- Are you the best parent for this child?
- What is the impact of raising this child on the people that you love?
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.