When a teenager becomes pregnant, the entire family is affected, and everyone must deal with the consequences. But, in the end, deciding whether to keep the baby or give it up for adoption falls squarely on the shoulders of its mother. It can be a difficult choice to make. Dr. Phil has several questions a teenage mother can ask to make the right decision for herself and her child: Adoption
- Can you live with this choice?
- Is the decision best for you or the child?
- Are you making another bad choice that you will regret?
- Are you doing what others expect rather than what you believe?
- Do you have any moral or religious beliefs that will haunt you?
- Are you prepared to end your adolescence?
- Are you prepared to make sacrifices over the next 20 years?
- Do you have a financial plan for the baby?
- Are you the best parent for this child?
- What is the impact of raising this child on the people that you love?