Topics to Discuss with Your Doctor
2) Review your family health history, especially any history of heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's and cancer.
The average time a doctor spends with a patient during a routine exam is only 15 minutes. To make the most of your time, you should come prepared with a list of topics and questions to discuss with your doctor. We suggest the following:
1) Review all medicines your doctor prescribes for you, including any vitamins, hormones or steroids you may already be taking.
3) Discuss any changes in weight or menstrual cycle.
4) Ask your doctor about screening tests specific to you. Are you up to date on all routine exams and vaccinations?
5) Discuss changes in sleep, temper or feeling stressed out. These behaviors may indicate depression.