Warning Signs of a Midlife Crisis
Wondering if your partner is going through a midlife crisis? Has their behavior changed? Do they seem unhappy and suddenly desire a different life? Some experts say these could be warning signs of a midlife crisis:
- A decrease in weight, a new obsession with exercise and physical appearance.
- Unhappiness with life and lifestyle that previously made him or her happy.
- Boredom with people and things that may have previously been of interest.
- Feeling a need for adventure and change.
- Questioning the choices and decisions he or she has made in life.
- Confusion about who he or she is and where his or her life is headed.
- Anger at his or her spouse and placing blame for feeling tied down.
- Unable to make decisions about where he or she wants to go in life.
- Doubt over ever loving his or her spouse and resentment over the marriage.
- A desire for a new and passionate, intimate relationship.
- A sense of remorse for goals not accomplished.
- Frequent daydreaming or feelings of nostalgia.
- Acting on compulsions with food, drugs or alcohol.
- Greatly increased or decreased sexual desire.
- Sexual affairs, especially with someone much younger.
- A desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness.
- Greatly increased or decreased ambition.
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.