20-Year-Old Says She “Deserved” to be Hit
Reeve, 20, says she can’t wait to marry 30-year-old David, with whom she recently reunited after an 8-month split. During the separation, Reeve admits she told her father, Kim, and 23-year-old sister, Riley, that David had abused her, but she has since recanted her story, saying, in part, she believes she “deserved” to be hit.
Kim and Riley say they fear the worst if Reeve marries David, and they want her to call off the wedding. They say their relationship with Reeve has been strained since she got back together with David.
Watch the video above to hear why Reeve says she “exaggerated” about being abused. Plus, hear from David — how does he explain his actions?
- Robin McGraw’s Advice for Abuse Victims Who Blame Themselves
- The Smart Phone App that Could Save Your Life
- Walk a Day in Robin McGraw’s Shoes: A Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- An Exit Action Plan: Guidelines for Leaving an Abusive Relationship
- Common Excuses of Abusers and Their Victims
- Warning Signs that Abuse May Occur
- What a Survivor Can Teach Us about Abuse
- When Georgia Smiled
- Aspire News app
- 5 Common Date Rape Drugs and the App that Could Save Your Life