Anti-Bullying/Cyberbullying Pledge – Parents
Print this page
We the parents of ______________________________ agree to join together to stamp out bullying/cyber bullying at our school.
We believe that everybody should enjoy our school equally and also enjoy a peaceful life at home while on the Internet and feel safe, secure and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting, and spitting, as well as name calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, and excluding someone. “Cyber bullying” is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. Bullying and cyber bullying causes pain and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as “kids being kids,” “just teasing” or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying or cyber bullying.
By signing this pledge, we the parents agree to:
1. Keep themselves and their children informed and aware of school bullying/cyber bullying policies.
2. Work in partnership with the school to encourage positive behavior, valuing differences and promoting sensitivity to others.
3. Discuss regularly with their children their feelings about school work, friendships and relationships.
4. Inform faculty of changes in their children’s behavior or circumstances at home that may change a child’s behavior at school.
5. Alert faculty if any bullying/cyber bullying has occurred.
Signed by: _______________________________________
Print name: _______________________________________