17 Day Diet Meat Substitutes
Dr. Mike Moreno's 17 Day Diet is based on four Cycles that help boost your metabolism and fight fat storage. Although Dr. Moreno recommends eating plenty of protein to jumpstart your weight loss, vegetarians and vegans can still participate in the program. The following are a list of meat substitutes that will work for all Cycles of the 17 Day Diet.
- One-half cup of tofu (any type)
- One-half cup of beans, lentils or any legume
- 1 to 2 vegetarian or black bean burgers (made from textured vegetable protein)
- 2 to 4 ounces of any vegetarian cheese, including soy cheese
- 2 vegetarian "sausage" links. This is a great substitute for eggs!
- 2 scoops vegan rice protein powder. This is great for smoothies. Blend with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and a fruit for a quick 17 Day Diet vegetarian breakfast
- Any type of vegetarian meat substitute made from textured vegetable protein (see package for serving size)
- For dairy substitutes: 1 serving is 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, almond milk or rice milk
- For yogurt substitutes, it is fine to use soy milk yogurt
The 17 Day Diet
by Dr. Mike Moreno
This book is only available for purchase online. Click here to get your copy today!
Become a fan of the 17 Day Diet on Facebook!