October 11, 2017
Deciding you want to start a family is a big decision. It is often well thought out and planned, because it’s a major lifestyle change that can be stressful.
TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Is Dr. Phil your only hope?
If you think you’re ready to become a parent, review the 10 common factors that determine the fitness of a parent to see if you will be able to manage the new role successfully.
1. Provide a safe, stable and secure environment for the child
2. Maintain a loving, stable, consistent, nurturing relationship with the child
3. Attend to the daily needs of the child: feeding, clothing, physical care
4. Attend to adequate education for the child
5. Provide for the financial support of the child
6. Ability to identify and prioritize the child’s needs ahead of your own