MARRIED FOR 18 YEARS, SECOND MARRIAGE
FIVE KIDS (23, 20, 16, 11 AND 7)
- "I worry about what people think about me, and I have a hard time getting myself motivated."
- "I've spent more time in bed in the last two years than out of bed."
- Husband lives abroad. "It's the first time I've really been on my own."
- The nanny helps get the kids up, dresses them, get them to school, makes dinner.
- "Because of my anxiety, I feel like I can't leave the house."
- "The kids always wonder why Mommy's in bed, and I have to tell them Mommy doesn't feel well, and it's really sad."
- "I feel guilty; I want to cry because I feel like I'm a horrible mother."
- Has issues with weight and food.
- "When I look in the mirror I see fat arms, fat legs, fat face and wrinkles. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I look at myself and say I look disgusting."
- "I don't have anyone to talk with about my emotions, and it really pisses me off."
Kimm blogs about reaching out to Dr. Phil for help and her first impressions:
"How did I become such a "lost" woman? When did it happen? I had it all!! Why couldn't I snap out of the depression? The anxiety? The overwhelming feeling of being a mother and wife?! Where was my motivation for simply living?!
Meeting and marrying my amazing Spaniard, Javier, was the BEST thing that ever happened to me! That was nearly 20 years ago. Although we didn't speak the same language, the chemistry was categorically undeniable! We've had an exciting beautiful life together, having 3 absolutely gorgeous daughters and moving around the world for his career as an international banker. Our social life and social status was extraordinary!! Presidents, royalty, ministers, ambassadors and other dignitaries. The passion and love for each other is still strong. However, I'd lost myself along the way and started feeling bored ... "
Meet the other Housewives: