Anti-Bullying/Cyberbullying Pledge - Students
Print this page
We the students of ______________________________ agree to join together to stamp out bullying and cyber bullying at our school.
We believe that everybody should enjoy our school equally and also enjoy a peaceful life at home while on the Internet and feel safe, secure and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting, and spitting, as well as name calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, and excluding someone. "Cyber bullying" is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. Bullying and cyber bullying causes pain and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as "kids being kids," "just teasing" or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying or cyber bullying.
By signing this pledge, we the students agree to:
- Value student differences and treat others with respect.
- Not become involved in bullying or cyber bullying incidents or be a bully or cyberbully.
- Be aware of the school's policies and support system with regard to bullying/cyber bullying.
- Report honestly and immediately all incidents of bullying/cyber bullying to a faculty member.
- Be alert in places around the school where there is less adult supervision such as bathrooms, corridors, and stairwells.
- Support students who have been or are subjected to bullying/cyber bullying.
- Talk to teachers and parents about concerns and issues regarding bullying/cyber bullying.
- Work with other students and faculty, to help the school deal with bullying/cyber bullying effectively.
- Encourage teachers to discuss bullying/cyberbullying issues in the classroom.
- Provide a good role model for younger students and support them if bullying/cyber bullying occurs.
- Participate fully and contribute to assemblies dealing with bullying/cyber bullying.
- I acknowledge that whether I am being a bullying/cyber bullying bully or see someone being bullied/cyber bullied, if I don't report or stop the bullying/cyber bullying, I am just as guilty.
Signed by: _______________________________________
Print name: _______________________________________