Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat
Dr. Phil continues his intense retreat with 14 people who say they're ready to change their lives. Struggling with issues such as addiction, anger, abuse and grief, guests confront their personal demons once and for all.
Catch up on what you missed in Part 2.
"At times it's intense, confrontational and emotional as I try to get these 14 people to get real about their lives for the first time," Dr. Phil says. "We all have a victim story. No matter how small or how big, it's there, and it's made a mark on your life. This group of 14 is finally turning up the volume and getting real with each other."
Dr. Phil leads his guests through an exercise that lifts the weight of their burdens off their shoulders.
Searching for a Reason to Live
When asked to partner up, Dr. Phil is not surprised to see who gravitates together. After a break, Dr. Phil confronts Kathleen about what she revealed to her partner.
In a powerful and revealing exercise, each person tells their partner about the day in their past when they became a victim.
After confiding in their partners, the guests are asked to open up to the entire group. Carina recounts the day she stood up to her stepfather.
A Horrifying Sleepover
Diona hesitates to share her painful story. With encouragement from Dr. Phil, she stands and reports the night she was changed forever.
A 9-Year-Old's Nightmare
Wade moves the group to tears while remembering the day he was sexually assaulted.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
If you are in crisis, call (800) 273-TALK
- Write down 20 things you've started, but not finished
- Write five pages on the loneliness in your life
- Write five pages on the current deadness in your life
- Write five pages on how you get in your own way in life
- List 20 times when you asked for or needed love and were denied
- List 20 times someone asked for or needed your love and you denied them
- Write a 65-item "bitch list"
- Dr. Frank Lawlis
Lawlis Peavey PNP Center