Extreme Behaviors and Disorders
Dr. Phil's guests cut, burn, scratch and mutilate themselves, a phenomenon seen among one in 200 girls. Find out how to spot the warning signs and stop this dangerous and addictive behavior before it starts.
Danielle started cutting herself one year ago when the fights between she and her mother got out of control, and she didn't know how to release her anger.
Take a rare glimpse at a private therapy session at Vista Del Mar. Young women in various stages of recovery from self-injury courageously share their experiences.
For 28 years, Holly has been pulling out her hair, lashes and eyebrows. Also, a mom who had to shave her 3-year-old's head to keep her from pulling out all of her hair.
- Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services Self-Injury Program
- The Healing House
- Self-injury: You are NOT the only one
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- The Trichotillomania Learning Center
- National Mental Health Association: Self-Injury
- National Mental Health Association: Trichotillomania