July 12, 2017
Do you think you could spot a narcissist? Could it be you or someone you know? Narcissistic personality disorder is a habitual pattern of grandiosity, a constant need for admiration, and a lack of empathy, beginning in early adulthood, and indicated by the following criteria. If any of these apply, you might have a narcissist in your midst!
1. A grandiose sense of self-importance where the individual exaggerates achievements and talents and expects to be recognized as superior without relevant accomplishments.
2. A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or ideal love.
3. A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions.
4. A need for excessive admiration.
5. A sense of entitlement and unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
(Source: DSM5) The above is provided for informational purposes only and cannot substitute for a full evaluation by a healthcare professional.
TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: At your final breaking point?