Bridgette and Tom say their son, Devin, was an athlete, honor student and musician, whose life tragically ended after allegedly taking a pill that they say contained fentanyl.
 
“We found out from the toxicology report that he had pure fentanyl in his system,” says Bridget.
 

Devin’s sister adds, “I think if Devon knew what was in that pill, I don’t think he would have taken it.”
 
Hear how the family discovered Devin had died in the video above.
 
Dr. Laura Berman and her husband, Sam Chapman, recently suffered a similar loss when their 16-year-old son, Sammy, died of an accidental overdose. The couple started a Facebook group called Parents for Safer Children where they connected with Bridgette and Tom.
 
On Monday’s episode of Dr. Phil, “Celebrity TV Doctor Warns Parents after Son’s Quarantine Overdose,” watch more about these tragic stories. And, check local listings to see where you can tune in.

TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Are you involved in a story making headlines?