Sam Chapman and his wife, Dr. Laura Berman’s, 16-year-old son, Sammy, died after taking a pill he bought on a social media platform that they believe was laced with fentanyl. The parents say their son was not a drug user and they had no idea he was communicating with drug dealers online.
 
Now, Sam says he is working on a law that will help parents monitor their child’s interactions on social media. “What we’re trying to do is get Sammy’s Law passed through Congress which would make it so that any platform that had children on it -- any social media or gaming platform -- would have to have parent monitoring software,” Sam says. “The platforms with our kids on do not allow parent monitoring software integration.”
 

In the video above, hear more about Sammy’s Law – and how you can help get it passed.
 
On Wednesday’s episode of Dr. Phil, “Deceived to Death: The Fentanyl Crisis in America,” Dr. Phil delves into the fentanyl crisis that is killing thousands of teens and young adults in America. Hear from a former director of the DEA Special Ops and families whose loved ones have died after taking drugs unknowingly laced with fentanyl. Check local listings to see where you can watch.

WATCH: Woman Shares How Sister And Four Friends Died In Mass Fentanyl Poisoning

TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Are you involved in a story making headlines?