Dr. Laura Berman and her husband, Sam Chapman, say their 16-year-old Son, Sammy, was a great, sweet, funny child, who had plans and dreams for his future. But that future was cut short on February 7, 2021, when he died of an accidental drug overdose in his bedroom.
Dr. Berman and Sam describe their last interactions with Sammy – and how they discovered him dying on his bedroom floor – in the video above. And, hear what they say life is like without Sammy in it.
Hear why the couple says they are speaking out about the tragedy on Monday’s episode of Dr. Phil, “Celebrity TV Doctor Warns Parents after Son’s Quarantine Overdose.” And another family says they are experiencing similar pain after losing their 19-year-old loved one to an unintentional overdose. Check local listings to see where you can tune in.

TELL DR. PHIL YOUR STORY: Are you involved in a story making headlines?

WATCH: Dr. Laura Berman And Husband Say They Had No Idea Teen Son Was On Social Media Talking To Drug Dealer