Seven Keys to Dating Etiquette
Preparing for a date racks the nerves of many singles — worrying about what to wear, what to say and how to act — but using these seven keys from the MindFindBind program Dr. Phil developed with Match.com will get you off to a good start.
- Dress the part. Don't dress too sexy.
- Be on time or your date might wonder, "What was more important than getting here on time?"
- Mind your table manners — and if you don't have any, get some!
- Focus 100 percent on your date. Turn off your cell phone and other messaging devices.
- Check your emotional baggage at the door. Don't go burdening your date with all of your problems.
- Sweat the small stuff. Listen to what your prospective mate has to say.
- Follow up. Do something that let's your date know, "Hey, that was a lot of fun."
All content provided and shared on this platform (including any information provided by users) is intended only for informational, entertainment, and communication purposes on matters of public interest and concern and is not intended to replace or substitute for professional medical, financial, legal, or other advice. None of the content should be considered mental health or medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.